Tuesday, August 01, 2006



Here is the black Christmas stocking I made for my oldest son. He thinks it is cool!

I simply followed the pattern for a toe up sock and just kept going until it was stocking length.

The stitch pattern was single crochet in the back loops only. And then several rows of alternating single crochet, double crochet (the textured looking rows are done this way).

My son knows the true meaning of Christmas... that has never been an issue. I just wanted to give him something that fits his personality. He never wears anything that is not black!

2 Comments:

Blogger Black Purl said...

Great Stocking! I really enjoyed the oist on your other blog about your son..becoming a man. POWERFUL!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Alida Sharp said...

Thanks for stopping by!

The work God does in our children is amazing. I am so grateful that God allows us to see the changes he brings about in them!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home